Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Jackson
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s running properly so your Jackson basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease draining for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t draining like it should, get in touch with the Experts at Comfortech Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a few different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Lack of maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Icy or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump turns on and drains the water efficiently.
- During dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Comfortech Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to shield your home from water damage, depend on the specialists at Comfortech Service Experts to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 601-852-3105 or schedule an appointment online.