According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The estimated cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Comfortech Service Experts can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to avoid sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Jackson don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Comfortech Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and aptitude to handle everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or clog, be sure to contact us at 601-852-3105
as soon as you identify a problem to prevent as much, potentially costly, destruction to your home and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are discarding garbage the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a obstruction in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products excluding toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Comfortech Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Comfortech Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Comfortech Service Experts today at 601-852-3105
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.