Gas Line Repair from the Experts in Jackson

If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.

Signs of a gas leak could include the following:

  • The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
  • Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
  • Dead or yellowed grass, plants or other vegetation
  • People inside the home having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are concerned they could be due to a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.

Sometimes the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is liable. Luckily, the professionals at Comfortech Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!

GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY AS A DIY PROJECT.

While there are a number of things to do around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair needs to be left up to the professionals. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Jackson codes.

From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to repairing gas lines for a heater in your garage, Comfortech Service Experts’s expertise have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the Jackson community, so no job is too much for our experts.

Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety

As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are headed your way, call your utility company.

Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Comfortech Service Experts to set up a gas line repair, installation or replacement.

Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever worried about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide does not have an odor and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
  • Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
  • Install and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
  • Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
  • Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and fix any leaks immediately.
For more pointers on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.
 
Schedule an Appointment
gas line repair