$50 OFF
Kill air-borne viruses!

Fight Allergies in Jackson with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was originally used to treat tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to clean hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your Jackson home’s environment cleaner.

A UV lamp can decontaminate HVAC systems and improve the air quality in your Jackson home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens within 10 seconds of contact.

This can bring relief to asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid locations where mold and bacteria flourish. These lights may even help your HVAC equipment run longer, since they keep pieces clean.

Our Experts can suggest the system that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by Comfortech Service Experts is upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are put inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and work constantly. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to wipe out the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as little as 10 seconds, this potent light stops contaminants from multiplying throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how practical UV light is in fighting germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to take care of 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold concentration in a commercial office building’s HVAC equipment.

A germicidal system can also take care of scents and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not effective against dust, which is best managed by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is harmless as long as you follow some preventive measures.

The sun lets off ultraviolet light, which has a shorter wavelength than light you can see. It’s responsible for creating painful sunburns. Ongoing overexposure can result in wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is more concentrated, so it’s important to let Comfortech Service Experts manage installation and maintenance. You should never look directly at the light or permit bare skin to come into contact with it.