What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by partial fuel combustion frequently caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with extended exposure.