Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Jackson.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated correctly but can create carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by requesting routine furnace maintenance with Comfortech Service Experts .