Preventing it from happening is the most important place to begin. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Jackson.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated correctly but can create carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by requesting annual furnace maintenance with Comfortech Service Experts .