Your heating and cooling system is vital to a comfortable home and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with urgent repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to guarantee a continuous supply of healthy, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes into play. Like receiving an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with Comfortech Service Experts , but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets hectic, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Reveal small problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system tend to form slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and resolve smaller problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable cost that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more manageable humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety assessment during each visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is running as intended.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require annual tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract provides a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, the technician will return to correct things.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Comfortech Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Comfortech Service Experts office today.