When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you may first opt for going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets expensive almost immediately. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Comfortech Service Experts to help you find and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main after heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds hazardous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more cloudy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Comfortech Service Experts , we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Comfortech Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.