Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Jackson, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, as well as the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Comfortech Service Experts , can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the right advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence comfier and reducing your monthly energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Comfortech Service Experts . We realize the expense of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 601-852-3105 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.