Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Jackson, you might be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, as well as the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Comfortech Service Experts , can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the right advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t usually any large immediate drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your ongoing energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you might even be eligible for a special deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Comfortech Service Experts . We realize the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 601-852-3105 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.