When rough weather comes our way, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a lot that comes with it. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are things you can do to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the a-okay?
Taking even a few moments to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm hits can help you prevent damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you set up for an AC repair expert to check your system afterwards, they can possibly provide you with good news that your prep paid off.
At Comfortech Service Experts , we recognize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for bad weather, and time might not give you much notice, so we’ve put together a few tips of what you can do before and after a severe weather event occurs.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are commonplace during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to ensure it is fully off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover can keep away any debris that gets tossed around during threatening weather. Just be sure you have turned the system completely off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Make sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are put away in a secure place so that they don’t get tossed about during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to go back outside, make sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you notice any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Comfortech Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly inspect your system and decide whether or not an AC repair is necessary.
Of course we all hope that severe weather doesn’t hit us in Jackson, but we have to be prepared if we want the best chance to avert any major damage or other problems that may come with it. If you have any questions about how to best prep for severe weather in Jackson or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has passed, give us a call at 601-852-3105 or schedule an appointment with Comfortech Service Experts through our online scheduler.