Summer is normally a hectic time of year for many folks in Jackson. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Jackson heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Jackson heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Comfortech Service Experts a call at 601-852-3105 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Jackson heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a quick break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early sign of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Jackson temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than normal. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.