Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning quits out of the blue. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Talk about a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it a minimum of once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and extending its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is past, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not suggested. Here are some key aspects of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter increases air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your cooling system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To increase your savings, give some thought to signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll get several benefits no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with qualified Experts, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.