How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be within your Jackson home. Natural gas and gases that originate from residential furnishings, carpeting and paints. Not one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Comfortech Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 601-852-3105 right away to get started defending your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Bad?

Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a matter to joke about.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can filter into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how large the leak is and the airflow in a residence, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it will take five hours to take it out of your system. You will need an additional five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also cause conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several things you can take to keep your home safe:

  1. Your residence with at least one gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have a detector on every level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your home?
    Call Comfortech Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 601-852-3105 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already own a carbon monoxide system, frequently look at or put in new batteries. You should check batteries every 90 days, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system goes off, get out of your house right away and dial 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Comfortech Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your family can be safe from the hazardous gas. Take the precautions and call Comfortech Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 601-852-3105 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.