It’s frigid out there. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temps. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Comfortech Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.