Planning regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your AC unit in Jackson running at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption small. It also might even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Comfortech Service Experts , for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Booked
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures near, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you could be waiting days for a tech. And that could turn very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean air conditioning system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner upkeep might be mandatory for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service on My Own?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your air conditioner unit in the best condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep by the outdoor condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, as this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Comfortech Service Experts at 601-852-3105, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, operating and shutting off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that involve further work, we are set to give you the most reasonable option. Finding likely issues in a timely manner may solve more expensive problems later on. This also offers you time to strategize if your unit is getting older.
When you are looking for a new air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to pick the right solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to request your checkup? Give us a call at 601-852-3105 or schedule an appointment online today.