Planning yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Service keeps your AC unit in Jackson running at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption small. It also might even help extend its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Comfortech Service Experts , for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Checkup Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps near, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the season can be a gamble. If you have to have service or a new unit, you could be waiting days for a technician. And that may become very unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a clean air conditioning system will help assure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioner service might be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish Service Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your AC equipment in the best condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters block airflow and may lower your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your unit, as this may block airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Comfortech Service Experts at 601-852-3105, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that involve further work, we are ready to give you the most reasonable option. Uncovering possible issues in a timely manner may solve more substantial problems later on. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for a new air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to find the right solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your checkup? Give us a call at 601-852-3105 or schedule an appointment online today.