With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be inundated with suggestions to help “save the earth”. Surprise! We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good purpose. Not only is a tankless water heater environmentally-friendly, it can lower your utility bills and last longer than your ordinary tank heater. Truly! We gathered the leading reasons you should purchase a tankless water heater.
- Tax Rebates – Even though the initial price can seem a bit daunting, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of approximately $300.
- Continuous Flow – Everyone has felt it. The stabbing pain of freezing water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Well guess what? Tankless water heaters avoid that problem altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlast inefficient tank water heaters by 5-10 years. So in addition to the government rebate, you don’t have to replace your tankless water heater as often, so you can save even more money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only require the necessary amount of energy to heat the amount of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you don’t need. This magical tidbit can save you as much as 20% off your water heating bill. They also take up less space since they can be installed on walls (or outdoors if you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be mounted under cabinets or in closets.
- Avoid Water Damage – No tank, no tank to burst, no flooding. Although a leak could happen as with any plumbing appliance or device, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 40 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t keep water in a tank, you always have fresh, clean water that isn’t from a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these wonderful reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is the best option for your home, call Comfortech Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today for a free in-home analysis
. We want to make sure you select the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, inform you of all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.