4 Tips for Saving Energy in Jackson This Summer
Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open up windows for crisp air and your power bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a great time to replace it. The energy-saving options in modern cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your power expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently work your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try a few other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the right product for your space. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Zoning Systems: Tailored Temperature Control in Every Room
Central heating and cooling systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay completely cozy in any season or climate. However, while centralized systems are a simple way to regulate the temperature, they in some cases fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or... Continue reading
Increase Your Comfort: Eight Home Heating and Cooling Upgrades
During the cold winter months in the U.S., there’s no better way to increase your home’s comfort than with a few effective upgrades. It’s not simply about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and improving the very air you breathe. Here... Continue reading
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable all year, nothing is more critical than selecting the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility expenditures and all-around home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading