Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Jackson and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can try a couple other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your residence cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 601-852-3105 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best fit for your house. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.