Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or air.
But as temperatures begin to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Jackson and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy expenses down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite advantage for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Understanding how to effectively use your thermostat is the best way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of a few other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the full day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the best product for your home. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.